My Little Sous-Chef! Review: Focaccia Bread

With the weather turning decidedly colder, we've decided to turn the heating on. We will now be spending more time indoors than out.

Foccacia Bread on oven ready to cook


On Wednesday hubby had the day off and after the weekly shop we all decided to stay close to home. The geocache trails are harder to come by now we've done so many so instead of travelling a fair distance we stayed at home and did something a little different cooking with the eldest.

Chef and Sous Chef mixing ingredients together

My Little Sous-Chef had recently been in contact with us and I thought it was a great opportunity for the eldest to learn a lifetime skill. The company have created a couple of cookbooks i.e.. one for the adults and the other one for children, so that they can work in tandem with one another to create various recipes. Our eldest hasn't learnt to read just yet but actions speak louder than words right so the fact that she couldn't read the children’s edition didn't dampen her experience of making Foccacia Bread with her Daddy. In fact she enjoyed the experience so much and was keen to taste it afterwards that I'm hoping she will long continue being his Sous Chef.

Chef and Sous Chef chop rosemary in the garden

The recipe saw them roughly measuring out the ingredients, cutting the rosemary growing outside our house and mixing it all together before putting it in the oven. The great thing about the adult copy is that the children’s activities are listed in it too so we kept just that copy open on the laptop as they cooked. The Foccacia Bread recipe looked so simple to create and unlike a lot of bread didn't contain any sugar and had minimal salt therefore making it ideal for children and adults alike.  

Have you heard of My Little Sous-Chef? Do you love cooking with your little ones? What recipes do you and your little ones like to follow? Please leave me a comment below. I do enjoy reading what you have to say.

Disclosure: We were kindly given a pdf copy of just some of the recipes featured in the book. All words and pictures included in this post are my own.

Sparkly Mummy

Comments

  1. I think that I have heard of it via another post and it sounds brilliant. My girls happily cook for the family now they are teens, so it is great to get them practising early. Thank you for sharing. Alison x #fortheloveofblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Oh I'd love mine to cook for us one day like that.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like fun! I love cooking with my kids. #fortheloveofBLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you cook? Happy to hear suggestions. x

      Delete
  3. My boys used to love making biscuits with me when they were small. My cooking skills aren't great though ha. Thanks for linking up to #PicknMix

    Stevie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they'll have lovely memories to look back on and want to inspire their own when they have them.

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a great idea. My big little one loves cooking with me so having his own dedicated tasks and book would be a real winner in this house! #KCACOLS #fortheloveofBLOG #Picknmix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like it would make a wonderful Christmas present in your house.

      Delete
  5. We like making cakes together. The book sounds very good.
    #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the books are lovely and I love their imagery too.

      Delete
  6. I have heard of My Little Sous-Chef but my little one is only 9 months old so a little young to cook with yet. But soon we will!

    Thanks for linking up at #KCACOLS.
    Hope you join up again next Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great, I must check this out. I love cooking with my little girl. We've just made muffins actually :) #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do I think their books are lovely. Muffins sound wonderful.

      Delete
  8. That's a great idea, I've not heard of those books before. Glad they had fun. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh I've never heard of this but it sounds like a great way to get them involved! #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never too early to introduce cooking to the little ones! :) #triedtested

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea the books sound! Keep it up and they'll be cooking the Sunday dinner soon 😉 #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fab idea I love cooking with my kids so I'm going to look into these books as it sounds like a good way of sharing out the different 'jobs' !!!

    #FoodieFriday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the fact your kids have different roles

      Delete
  13. Ever since I lived in italy, next to a bloody bakery, i love foccacia!! I may need to make some
    Thanks for linking to #foodiefriday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a lovely experience to me but it seems like you didn't enjoy it so much.

      Delete
  14. Sound like a lovely day and that book a marvellous idea. Besides you cant beat a bit of foccacia bread right? #eatsleepblogrt

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment