Word of the Week: Sick

As a parent I feel I can’t afford to be ill that I owe it to my babies to stay fit and well. I need to give them my very best at all times and be the very best mother I can be. How can I do this when I'm feeling I need my bed?!


Since last week's Thursday I have not been well. I came home with a splitting headache before throwing up. Fortunately, hubby was at home to take over caring for our babies as I went to bed. The next day I felt better and thought I was on the mend but these past few days my stomach has been upset by something and I am going downhill again.

I dare not eat for I'm constantly feeling like I'm going to be sick, so am eating very little (just bread and butter) and because I don’t know the cause I'm unsure what I should be avoiding. What I do know is that I'm forever washing my hands attempting not to pass anything on and as a result my hands are now sore.


Do you feel you owe it to your babies to stay fit and well too at all times?

Comments

  1. Oh I know what you mean, I feel so guilty whenever I get sick, it's so difficult when you have kids. I hope you are feeling better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah bless sounds like a bit of a virus Hun. Anything sickness and hubby has to take over for me too. Horrible. You can keep as clean as you can but don't worry too much...stuff just spreads! First time my daughter caught my tummy bug she was fine apart from a few runn nappies! Then hubby came down with it a week later and went to bed for 3 days!!!! X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I don't want him getting ill too. That certainly wouldn't be a good thing!

      Delete
  3. Oh no, sorry to hear you're ill. It is so hard when we get ill, isn't it, with the little ones to look after? Hope you're better soon x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this controversial but no I don't, we get ill from time to time. I am not a parent that gives my child that I am perfect they need to learn that crap happens and you deal with it whatever way you can. It is the best thing to learn.
    I hope you feel better soon and get some rest because your body needs it. Don't be too hard on yourself X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you or should I say 'read' you. Thank you for the well wishes.

      Delete
  5. Hope you start to feel better soon, I know what you mean about feeling the need to stay well for your little ones I feel so guilty when I'm feeling under the weather especially if it affects our plans but we are only human at the end of the day. #LIML

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the well wishes. I nearly used guilty as my word of the week.

      Delete
  6. It's proper rubbish when you're ill isn't it? Never mind with little ones in tow. Hope you're feeling better soon. Unfortunately there's not alot you can do about it, to a degree. #wotw

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment