Crazy About Countryfile Live

As a child I was informed by a peer that you fell into one of two camps, Blue Peter or The Simpsons. For me it was clear that I undoubtedly fell into camp Blue Peter. Heck I even won one of their badges after being a runner up in one of their competitions. I created an underwater image to be recreated as a wall mural. So when I was invited to share with Blacks what I got up to at the Countryfile Live event I jumped at the chance. Two former Blue Peter presenters and the fact I am a country bumpkin meant my heart beat a little faster in the run up to the event.

Blenheim Palace


On the day of the event we drove to Blenheim Palace and had the radio on as accompaniment. The local radio station was broadcasting from the venue and we soon heard about all the wonderful things we were to see there.  We also heard how the roads leading up to the event were quickly filling up so we tried to get there as early as we could to avoid much of the traffic heading there. 

On arrival we were directed into one of two huge fields and once parked up we unloaded the car and set off.  Using the double buggy around the grounds was no easy feat so I would definitely recommend using carriers instead.

Countryfile Sign


 There is so much to see and do at the event that it’s impossible to cover everything in one day so I’d recommend looking at the website well in advance and deciding on a plan of action. There you will find a map of the area and can print tickets off in advance so you can sit on the hay bales right up close to the presenters. Bookings are also being taken for an onsite restaurant R&R. So if you fancy dining in style instead of getting a bite to eat from one of the food vendors then book online.

.
Eldest collecting eggs in the hay


One of the most enjoyable aspects for children has to be the petting corner of the event. There you will find a number of Adam Henson’s farm animals including sheep, cows, pigs and rabbits. My daughter even tried to pick up a chick that was days old but was unsure about the rabbits gathered around her feet. Then there was a pretend auction of animals and mini JCBs to ride on.

Eldest on a mini JCB Digger among balls suitable for a ball pool

I loved seeing my eldest daughter interacting with the animals for the first time and also loved the creative crafts such as friendship bracelet making. Of course the one thing that topped all this was seeing the presenters maybe not as close up as I’d have liked but still closer than I've ever come before

Blacks Tent


Of course I can’t finish this post without mentioning Blacks who enabled us to get into the venue.  Sadly we missed their session with British Military Fitness on how to pack the perfect kit so felt unable to compete in their Pack the Sack challenge.  However, we did see the Explore Britain area they were sponsoring and were impressed at how much was packed into the area. As geocachers we love exploring Britain and going on walks in the countryside so we found the section really interesting. Thank you Blacks for making the child in me very happy and enabling us to have a lovely day out.

Are you a fan of Countryfile having grown up watching Blue Peter? As always I’d love to hear from you please do leave a comment in the section below.  




Disclaimer: We were kindly given tickets by Blacks in return for a post sharing how we spent our day at Countryfile Live.
Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

Comments

  1. OMG I am totally jealous! I didn't know that this was on until I walked past a poster advertising it yesterday and was like, argh if only I'd known! I love Countryfile, and those mini JCBs are fab-my son would be in heaven! #FabFridayPost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on till Sunday so if you have time to pop along it would make a great day out.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had such a fantastic day!
    I grew up watching Blue Peter. I loved it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great day out for those that love farming and the countryside.

      Delete
  3. What an amazing day out! My boys would have loved the petting farm and JCBs too. Looks like lots of fun. Thank you for linking up to #ablogginggoodtime 🎉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. It definitely is if you love getting outdoors and are into farming.

      Delete
  4. We are going tomorrow and you've got me even more excited about it than I already was! Looks fab, glad you had a lovely day x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's good. Just make sure you keep a hold of one another. I lost my mum!

      Delete
  5. Firstly my son is a Blue Peter fan! He has got 3 badges and is aiming to get the green and sports badge.

    I am seeing a lot of instagram post about this event and its so lovely. I love your photos and I wish we also attended this cuz its just so cool! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this must be a new thing. Growing up I think there was only one badge.

      Oh will have to have a look at those. Thank you for the compliment.

      Delete
    2. Yeah I think the new badge is an added thing few years back. Its so nice that my son has something to focus on on some day when its raining as its hard to keep him entertained! #countrykids

      Delete
  6. I also love watching Blue Peter as a kid. I would love to go to Countryfile Live too. My kids would have loved the JBC ride. Sound like you had a fab day. Thank you for sharing with us on #FabFridayPost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great day out for the family.

      Delete
  7. I may be a little too excited about visit tomorrow. Glad you had a good time. I was BP through and through too #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely a Blue Peter girl too, I never did get to grips with the Simpsons, though my kids love it. The CountryFile event sounds great family fun with plenty to keep little ones occupied. I cam imagine the pets corner being very popular and those mini diggers too. A beautiful setting with lots of space for everyone to enjoy.

    Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you there. I didn't feel the Simpsons were very educational. The Countryfile Live event was exactly that and yes the pets corner was very popular indeed.

      Delete
  9. I've read a couple of posts about this and it sounds wonderful. It's only about an hour from me, so I think I'm going to look into it for next year. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow really close to you. It sure is a great way to spend a day out.

      Delete
  10. Looks like y'all had a fun day out. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was something for all the family.

      Delete
  11. What a grand day of fun! #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blue peter all the way! I'm old enough to remember shep the dog! I haven't watched a whole ep pf the Simpsons. Sounds fabulous. Blenheim is wonderful as a venue too #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither. I have just seen snippets of The Simpsons. It sure is stunning.

      Delete
  13. Looks like you had a fab time, with lots to do... And some Blue Peter nostalgia thrown in too! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  14. It look like an amazing day out, I love shows like this there is always something to see and do. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was loads. Even more than the local Thame country show. Possibly 3x the size.

      Delete
  15. It was great wasn't it :) Such a gorgeous setting for a fun packed show. We loved Adam's Farm too and it sounds like your daughters had a lovely time. Very cute on the mini JCB.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm definitely a Blue Peter girl - when I used to watch it the cooler, edgier Magpie on ITV (we rarely watched ITV) rarely got a look in. I was so tempted by country file live as despite being a confirmed townie I'm a big fan. The dates didn't work for me though sadly, so it's lovely to see what people got up to! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame. I think they are considering running it annually we'll just have to see.

      Delete
  17. Sounds like such a fun day out! I was clearly a mixed up child though, because I liked Blue Peter and The Simpsons! x #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you and your littles had a great time out!
    #KCACOLS
    Tori @ The Mama Nurse

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like a lovely family trip out. Those mini JCBs are adorable :) #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love Countryfile and Blue Peter but also the Simpsons. I clearly watch too much TV! Looks like an excellent event. #wotw #KCACOLS #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like a wonderful day was had. My kids would love to do something like that. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have to confess that I have never seen Blue Peter or watched Countryfile (nor do I fall into The Simpsons camp!) This does look like a fab event though - love the photo of your eldest on the mini JCBs and the petting corner sounds great. Glad that you enjoyed your day out :-) #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What???!!!! I'm surprised at that. The event was fantastic but there's so much to see and do.

      Delete
  23. This looks like a fun family event, I've heard great things about it this year. Thanks for linking to #picknmix x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was and they have said they'll return next year.

      Delete
  24. I haven't heard of this event before but it looks great! I will have a look! Thanks for sharing this at #KCACOLS, :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like farming and the countryside this is the place to go. They've said they will be back next year in August I believe.

      Delete
  25. I'm definitely in the Blue Peter camp too, and I absolutely love those little JCBs! how cute are they?! Looks like a great event. Thanks for sharing with me on #daysoutwithatoddler. See you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue Peter was wonderful. The channel swapping since has led me to ponder whether it's still running or not.

      Delete

Post a Comment