Word of the Week: Company

This week I have been flying solo. Parenting two under two brings with it many joys as well as turbulent times too. I've not been totally alone during this week though as you will see.



The Health Visitor called in on Tuesday and advised that I punctuated my days with things to do. She also said looking after a baby isn't difficult and due to my experience with our first I could easily do it in my sleep now. The challenge comes in having an older baby/toddler who is full of energy and raring to climb all over the place! Love you sweety but do you really have to climb on things when mummy has had a c-section and shouldn't really be picking you up?!

Fortunately, my Father has been around to lend a hand and help get me out of the house. He took the eldest out to see animals on Tuesday (with my Mum), took us to register the birth of the youngest on Wednesday and dropped me off at the doctor’s today (Friday) so I could have my MMR jab.

On Wednesday I was surprised to see some people, I know well due to my eldest, walk past a cafe I was in while with my Dad.  I’d not seen  them since the last toddler group session I had attended and was pleased to see them. I did have to call after them and run down the street to greet them but it sure was lovely to see the ladies and their little ones. One of these wonderful ladies even shares the same date of birth as my youngest and she was the first person I told when I first found out I was pregnant. 

So it’s been a lovely week thanks to my dad keeping me company, encouraging me to run after new mummy friends and getting things done.

Comments

  1. It does sound a nice week and good to get out. It is hard after a C Section with the no-driving and having an older one, I do remember! Glad you've had some company x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jocelyn for reminding me I'm not alone.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a tough week. Hope you are recovering well from your C Section. I always found the toddler more challenging than the baby too. He always seemed to pick his moments to climb out of his cot, the stairs or leap off the sofa. Hope this week is a little calmer for you :) #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so hear what you are saying. Saving a crazy toddler from themselves while recovering from a c section is not ideal.

      Delete
  3. A tough but enjoyable week nonetheless! I have to say i dont envy you having a little one to see to following a section! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eldest sure can be a challenge as she's so active and loves climbing but they both bring me joy.

      Delete
  4. Ah that first week flying solo is a tough one but sounds like you have had some great support along the way and how lovely to bump into mummy friends while out and about too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleased to have the support of my father that first week for sure

      Delete

Post a Comment