10 Things to Pack in Your Hospital Bag

As the countdown to welcoming little one into the world continues and gets increasingly nearer. You may well be thinking about what to pack in your hospital bag.

10 Things to Pack in Your Hospital Bag


When I was pregnant with my daughter I had my bag packed very early on. I recall having several lists I’d accumulated and surrounded myself with when all I needed really was just one.  My daughter was born a month early due to a number of complications so I impressed everyone when all they had to do was pick it up and deliver it to me.

With my second pregnancy I've been rather relaxed in the preparations and I've yet to pack my bag. I'm not sure why I have been so relaxed this time around I certainly don’t want to be packing on the day I go into labour!  So for those of you who have yet to pack alongside me here are 10 things to consider packing just in case you need to stay in hospital for a little while.

My Top Ten Packing Essentials
  1. Birth Plan including a list of important contacts
  2. Wellbeing Plan
  3. Something loose and comfortable for labour
  4. Underwear
  5. 24 super absorbent sanitary towels
  6. Toiletries
  7. Towels
  8. Books/magazines
  9. Dressing gown and slippers
  10. Things for baby to wear
What else would you pack?

This post was originally linked up to Maternity Mondays, Marvellous Mondays, Fart Glitter and Twinkly Tuesday

Comments

  1. If I had to do it again...a grabber. One of those long poles with a grabbing claw on the end. I've had 3 c-sections and each time, there was always something just out of reach! I reckon this would have helped enormously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh you've been through a lot having 3 c-sections.

      Delete
  2. I've had my hospital bag packed for a while (I've found it quite therapeutic to be organised) and the only things I've got in my bag that aren't on the list are flip flops, a light dressing gown, breast pads and nipple cream. I've watched quite a few 'what's in my bag' videos and feel like I've packed quite lightly compared to some but I guess I'm just hopeful we'll be in and out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestions. Those certainly are great to include. You've inspired me to watch some videos now.

      Delete
  3. I had 2 bags - one for 'the day' and one for a longer stay. Having stayed in hospital for 3 days after my first, I'd have nice toiletries and nice snacks (i.e. biscuits) in both. #MaternityMondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on what type of birth you are having and your health condition but surrounding yourself with lovely things is bliss.

      Delete
  4. Great list. I remember packing far too much in the past. I'd probably add in a water bottle, as those little glasses they provide in hospital just don't cut it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That's definitely a good idea. Staying hydrated is very important.

      Delete
  5. I wound up staying for ages before and after the birth. I couldn't see the point in differentiating between clothes as I was in bed all day so I wore comfy leggings and stretchy shits I could sleep in too. That's my recommendation.

    #fartglitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that you were in that long. Comfort is definitely the way to go.

      Delete
  6. God this all seems so long ago, I took evian spray too, it was fab during labour x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi lovely, great list. I've also been quite laid back second time round and was told by my midwife this week at our 36 week check to pack our bags. Other things I've included on my list are breastpads and bed mats. I dont remember actually using very much of what I packed last time round even though we had to stay in hospital for three days! Thanks for sharing this on #MarvMondays. Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was in for a week last time so am going to pack just in case it's that long again.

      Delete

Post a Comment