Word of the Week: Weather

Do you let yourself be dictated by the weather? For me it certainly makes me think twice before taking my daughter out. On Tuesday we were ready to go out, the bag was packed the night before and we were dressed up for the occasion. Then a look out the window made me instantly change my plans. It was throwing it down and didn't look like it was about to stop any time soon either. Frustratingly I made the decision to stay in and keep dry.

To add to my frustration, the rude intrusive noises then started up again from the neighbours. As the hammering, drilling and angle grinding vibrated around my house, sending chills through my body  I felt like a prisoner in my own home. Instantly I was transported back to memories of February when I'd just come home from hospital and felt like I'd begged the neighbour to stop, to no avail.



So as soon as the weather offered a glimpse of change in the sky. I took myself off for a spot of food shopping. There appeared to be a small clothing sale going on in store and I had a look to see if I could get anything for my Sweetpea. My luck was in for I found three vest packs at £4.50 each. These are perfect for seeing her through the next year.

What bargains have you found this week?
Thrifty Home
The Reading Residence

Comments

  1. I hope that the intrusive noises from your neighbours will be over soon- that must be very annoying. Nice bargain, you'be got there, :)
    Wishing you a grand weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is frustrating. I worry my daughter may be woken from her naps by them. Love a bargain - why spend full price on brand new?

      Delete
  2. I do hate that the weather influences my plans and moods, too, but it does so I can relate. Glad you managed to get out and pick up a bargain, too x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes moods can be easily by affected to. I hate it when headaches occur because of it. Do you get the same?

      Delete
  3. I hate having to change my plan due to the weather as well, especially when I'm trying to do the gardening. I hope your neighbours stop with the noise soon #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah gardening I've decided to let my hubby take care of this year. It must be frustrating when you want to see to the garden and it's frosty or throwing rain down.

      Delete
  4. I feel for you, I hope the situation with your nebiours improves but what a bargain you found! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens now and again fortunately. However, it still would be nice if they let us know before we heard it.

      Delete

Post a Comment